Miss Hutchison's Class Blog

Be Nice • Work Hard • Learn Well

Big Envelope Coming Home

| 0 comments

A big manila envelope is coming home today for YOU, parents! This folder is full of very important papers and information, so please make sure to look through all of it. Here are some of the things in your envelope:

Writing Assessments – You’ll find your child’s Informational Writing On-Demand and Opinion Writing On-Demand scored and enclosed in the envelope. 

Pictures! – Quite a few special pictures are printed and stuffed inside a smaller manila envelope for you to save as memories! 

Summer Slide & Summer Calendar – I’ve included a simple summer reading challenge for your kiddos and a calendar full of some easy, fun ways to practice important skills before first grade begins. The calendar is also a great tool for minimizing the “summer slide,” which you can read more about on this orange note. I’m especially excited for June 24, which says “write a letter to Miss Hutchison!”

Kindergarten Playdate Roster – If you sent your contact information back to school, you’ll be receiving one of these tan papers in your packet. Hopefully our kindergarteners can keep in touch this summer! 

“Places You’ll Go” Books – If you sent in a “Places You’ll Go” book earlier this week, I am sending it back home today in this big folder. Please feel free to still send them in if you have one you’d like me to sign! 

A few other notes are also included for you. 🙂 Thank you again for sharing your special little one with me this year. I’m so appreciative of your support and involvement!