Miss Hutchison's Class Blog

Be Nice • Work Hard • Learn Well

Our Last Week of Kindergarten!! (Pictures Galore!)

| 0 comments

Kindergarten Countdown:We popped the last balloon today and said “farewell” to kindergarten! Here’s the fun we had during our kindergarten countdown:

K is for Kick off Your Shoes! No shoes for the day.

I is for Ink pens! Kindergarteners got to write with their own pen all day and even take it home with them.

N is for New Names! Each kindergartener got to pick a brand new name to be called for the entire day. What a hilarious time we had in the classroom trying to remember everyone’s new names! We had everything from Abby to Food Man, Mr. K, Flag, and many more. The kids decided I needed a new name, too, and I let them decide on what it should be….they picked Ms. Mom (because they accidentally call me that often)! What a sweet bunch of littles I’m lucky enough to teach.

D is for Drawing! We did quite a few drawing projects today as a wrap-up for our year…scrapbook pages for Miss Hutchison, a book for Mrs. Brouwer (she is retiring), some additional crafts, drawing with chalk, and more!

E is for Experiments! We had a blast with some science fun today! Here are the 5 science projects we made: oobleck (quicksand), slime, Diet Coke & Mentos explosion, twirly whirly milk, and catapults. The kindergarteners thought this was the most fun day ever!

R is for Recess and Relays! We had extra recess today, and during our extra recess we had some relay race fun with crab walks, hopping on one foot, and more.

G is for Games! We played games all morning long during our kindergarten olympics. We also played a game of giant UNO in the afternoon. Thank you so much to our parent volunteers for helping make this event go off without a hitch!!  You can see lots of pictures from our Olympic Games here.

A is for Autographs! Each kindergartener got a beach ball and we used Sharpies (which was a big deal!!) to write our autograph on each person’s beach ball. They also got to autograph Miss Hutchison’s yearbook.

R is for Reading Favorites! Instead of a March Madness bracket, we had a “kindergarten favorites” bracket with 12 of our favorite books from kindergarten. We read each of the books and voted until we narrowed it down to our favorite one…”The Day the Crayons Came Home.” So fun to reminisce as we read stories we loved!

T is for Trade Seats! Each kindergartener got to pick their own new table spot for the day. You would’ve thought I gave them a million dollars. 🙂 They loved sitting in a new spot with other friends.

E is for Enjoying Treats! Miss Hutchison brought in five different kinds of Oreos for us to taste-test. We tried each one, then made a class graph of our favorite kind. Red Velvet was the top pick in the frog room!

N is for Next Year! We wrote letters to our first grade teachers about things we are excited to learn and do in first grade. I can’t believe the time has already come for them to be first graders!

More Fun From This Week:

Class of 2030: We may have worked on a little project for when we grow up and graduate high school one day (how can we even imagine that?!). It’s tucked away in a special folder until 2030. 🙂

Water Balloons: We had a BLAST with some water balloon fun on Thursday! We played a few rounds of water balloon toss before we each got a few balloons to pop however we wanted. The kids’ excitement and smiles were priceless!

Memory Books: We made a flip-book full of special kindergarten memories, and it came home in your child’s bucket today. What a treasure!

Our Last Lunch:

Our Last Recess: 

Our Last Day of School

Class Movie: Here is the link to our class movie! We watched it today in class, and the kindergarteners were in awe of how much they’ve grown this year!! Such a special memory to look back at years from now.

THANK YOU FOR:

Volunteering: Whether you were a weekly volunteer, helped with a class party, brought in supplies for an activity, chaperoned a field trip, or a combination of the above, THANK YOU! It truly takes a village to give our children the best learning (and fun) experiences possible, and I absolutely could not have done it without you! 

Being a Team: I am so grateful for your support this year and willingness to be a team to make the most of your child’s kindergarten year. The outpouring of appreciation and encouragement from our class of parents has been incredible. Just Incredible. 

This Precious Gift: Thank you so much to Stuart’s mom, Elise, for taking the time to work with each kindergartener to help them surprise me with such a special memory! When these little fingerprints grow bigger, I’ll be looking back at these “bugs” and treasuring the time when they were this tiny. 🙂 

It has been the biggest, best honor to be your child’s teacher this year. This bunch, my first class here at Georgetown, will forever hold the most special spot in my heart! Thank you for trusting me with your sweet little ones this year…I will cherish our year together more than you know! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing, inspiring things they’ll do in FIRST GRADE and beyond!!!

Love, Miss Hutchison