Miss Hutchison's Class Blog

Be Nice • Work Hard • Learn Well

Our Classroom Family!

| 0 comments

I’ve often heard the phrase “It takes a village to raise a child.” Well, here at school, we want your children to be surrounded by a village of people who teach, mentor, and love our kindergarteners. Our classroom is SO lucky to have an AMAZING “village” of teachers and helpers! I wanted to (finally & officially) make sure I introduce them all to you.

Mrs. Straub is our morning parapro. She helps us on the playground in the mornings; she leads literacy center groups with students; and she helps us during reading and writing workshops. 

Mrs. Jeltema is our lunchroom supervisor. She takes our class out to recess and helps us make sure we can open and eat everything in our lunchboxes or on our trays!

Mrs. DeGroot is our afternoon parapro. She helps during math rotations and pack-up at the end of the day. 

Miss Finley is a student at Baldwin Street Middle School. She comes to help in our classroom for the last hour of each school day, which is SO helpful during pack-up and clean-up times! 

Miss Fewell is an early childhood education major at Hope College in Holland, Michigan. She spends a few hours each week in our classroom to learn more about the role of teaching and learning at the kindergarten level. She has even taught a few lessons to our students! 

Another key part of our classroom family is YOU! We are so grateful for your support, kind words, help at home, volunteering at school, and positive engagement with your child’s learning. Learning starts at home, and your partnership and commitment to your child’s learning and growth here at school means the world to us! 

But MOST IMPORTANTLY, our classroom family is made up of 20 of the most thoughtful, sweet, and hard-working kindergarteners a teacher could ask for! How did I get so lucky???