Miss Hutchison's Class Blog

Be Nice • Work Hard • Learn Well

First Day Checklist

| 0 comments

Image result for first day of school

Our first day of school is tomorrow, Monday, August 23! We can’t wait! 

First, thank you so much for taking the time to come to open house and check out our classroom! I know you were given a lot of information in your child’s blue folder and the yellow envelope that came home with you.  The yellow envelope contains many school forms that need your attention.  Please read through these forms, complete them, and return them with your child THIS WEEK. Thank you to those who donated extra supply items, too. ❤️First grade is definitely a busy place, and it is amazing to have these supplies on hand to begin our year!!  

Here are a few reminders for things to bring on Monday: 

• Send your child’s “ME Bag” with 2 items in it to help us get to know a little something about them.  Be sure to write their name on the bag.  
  • Gym shoes, a beach towel, an extra set of clothes, and a family photo (if you haven’t sent them in yet). 
  • A healthy snack for your first grader.  
  • Any completed paperwork that you have from the Open House packets. Please put this in your child’s blue folder.  I will be sure to deliver the papers to the correct places!
  • If your child needs a sack lunch any day during this first week of school, please email me and I will make sure to order one for him/her.  School lunches are free again this year, and if your child only needs milk, that is 50 cents.

First Day Jitters

Even teachers get the first day jitters! Watch this quick video with your first grader so he or she knows what to do first thing tomorrow morning. Sending hugs to you and your first graders! It’s going to be a great year.❤️

Facebook Live Read Aloud

Tonight (Sunday, August 22) at 7:00 pm, I’ll be going live on my teacher Facebook page with a little read aloud in my PJs before the first day of school! Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook and join the live video tonight! 

Upcoming Dates: 

• Monday, August 23 – First Day of School!, Send in ME Bags, Early release dismissal @ 12:15 pm
  • Tuesday, August 24 – PE (Make sure your child has gym shoes at school by this day!) Early release dismissal @ 12:15 pm
  • Wednesday, August 25 – Early release dismissal @ 12:15 pm
  • Thursday, August 26 – ART, Early release dismissal @ 12:15 pm
  • Friday, August 27 – NO SCHOOL

As always, be sure to email me if you have ANY questions. Thanks again for sharing your amazing child with me this year!!

See you soon,

Miss Hutchison