Miss Hutchison's Class Blog

Be Nice • Work Hard • Learn Well

Welcome to First Grade!

| 0 comments

I am so glad that you have found our first grade class blog! Please subscribe to our class blog by typing your email in the upper right-hand corner box. I will be updating it with important first grade information throughout the school year. In addition, please make sure to subscribe to the Georgetown School Blog. Mr. Waldie will provide school-wide information on his blog throughout the school year.

Once you have subscribed and browsed through our blog, please take a moment to complete a few housekeeping items:

1. Open House will be on Wednesday, August 18 from 6:30-7:30 pm. I would LOVE to meet you and your child before the first day of school! Please come meet me, drop off school supplies (so your child doesn’t have to lug them all to school on the first day) and check out our classroom. 
  2. I’ll also be having an optional playground hang-out on Friday, August 13 from 5:30-6:30 pm right here at the Georgetown Elementary playground! This is a great opportunity for your child to meet me outside of the craziness of Open House. Plus, they can play with some new friends from their class! Hopefully if you’re unable to attend open house, you can make it to our playground visit!
  3. Please take a few quick minutes to fill out this brief Parent Survey. This survey helps me to get a better picture of your child as a learner and provides me with some necessary contact information for this year. Thank you in advance!
  4. One final optional form is this Shared Parent Contact Info Form. The results will be visible to you, allowing you to contact other parents to set up playdates, birthday parties, etc.
  5. Email me with a family picture for your child to have hanging up in our classroom! My email address is ahutchi@hpseagles.net
  6. Take a look at our first grade school supply list and have fun shopping for these items. Please bring these school supplies with you to Open House on August 18.

[embeddoc url=”https://allixhutchison.edublogs.org/files/2021/08/First-Grade-School-Supply-List-21-22.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]

I can’t wait to meet you all! This will be a school year to remember, and I’m excited to spend a great year with your first grader! 

Hugs & Well Wishes,

Allix Hutchison